Wednesday

Does God Listen to Us?

Are you asking God for help and feel like your prayers are only going to the ceiling? Or maybe you have asked God to help you and you are wondering if He is even listening. Is God even listening? Many Christians and believers go through this. Sometimes it is because we are tired of waiting on God. The bible says, But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31. Many times God answers prayer immediately sometimes we wait. The bible says to pray without ceasing. Therefore, we need to keep praying and to keep asking, this shows faith. We must remember that faith is believing in something we can't see, Hebrews 11:1.

I have heard on some Christian television shows that God spoke to them audibly. I am not saying that cannot happen but it has never happened to me like that. He speaks to me through His Word or through other people. God uses the Holy Spirit to speak to our hearts through various channels. Often times we may get an answer that we don't want but it is best for us. The important thing is to keep the faith through it all and to trust God.

There may be many times through out your life that you feel desperate and want to cry out, "God, Help Me", just remember to wait on God the almighty for the answer. You have heard that God works in mysterious ways and I believe this to be true. I remember sometime ago when I was praying in the form of writing in my journal. I was asking God to send a Christian to me because I really wanted to seek Him and get to know Him. I also wanted to attend church. I went as a child and deep down in my heart I knew that this is what I personally needed. Well, the very next day a friend of mine called me, one that I didn't hear from for a very long time. I remember that he was a Christian and he used to tell me about Jesus. At that time when he was telling me and inviting me to church, I said, " That is good for you, but not for me right now". But oh how things change. God has different ideas and plans for our life. We met for coffee and it turns out that he stopped going to church and I find out later that he just wants to hook up with the non-church girl. Well, I didn't let him talk about anything else. I just kept asking him about God and the bible the whole time. Eventually, he went back to church and I met some friends through him and I was going always too. I made a commitment to God at that time and I still thank Him today for listening to my prayers when I wondered Is God even listening, and when I cried, "Help me God".

The next time you ask or wonder, Help me God! Is God even listening. Remember this bible verse, But truly God has listened; he has attended to the voice of my prayer. Psalm 66:19.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Auliq-Ice's Community – 100% Learning., All Rights Reserved.
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the Terms Of Use & Privacy Policy.
User published content is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Let us know what you think! Your comments are sincerely appreciated!
Keep it positive please, criticism should be constructive

The views expressed in the comment section, are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of Auliq-Ice's Community – 100% Learning.